The Chef and his team
La Coupole en vidéo
Jean Philippe Bourgueil
Chef of La Coupole
Jean-Philippe Bourgueil began his apprenticeship at the age of 14 in La Varenne Saint-Hilaire at the Château des Iles restaurant. At 16, he became one of the youngest
Over 20 years, this lover of dishes served with sauce has succeeded in sharing his love of cooking in the many Parisian brasseries where he worked, including Bœuf sur le Toit, Le Vaudeville and Julien.
Today, as Executive Chef at La Coupole, Jean-Philippe Bourgueil, puts all his talent and creativity at your service to bring you a menu that shrewdly combines original recipes with timeless classics.
Driven by passion
His sole wish is to enable his team to succeed in a unique environment and pass on his love for products.
Mixing flavours and textures, these traditional or modern creations will not fail to delight your tastebuds.
Recipe from the Chef
Indian Lamb Curry
Served since 1927 at La Coupole.
Indian Lamb Curry
Ingredients for 6 people:
- - 3.5 kg lamb meat from shoulder or leg
- - 10 cl sunflower oil
- - 3 Golden Delicious apples
- - 1 banana, sliced
- - 1 tsp curry powder
- - 1 tsp mild paprika
- - 30 g shredded coconut
- - 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- - 250 g onions, finely chopped
- - ½ tbsp coarse salt
- - 20 g flour
- - 50 cl lamb stock
- - 200 g tomatoes
- - 50 g curly parsley
- - 500 g Basmati rice
- - 50 g butter
- - Bouquet garni
- - Mango chutney, chili and achars
- Cut the lamb in pieces and brown for five minutes with one sliced apple and the banana. Add the onions and garlic.
- After five minutes, add the curry powder, paprika and coconut. Stir and sprinkle with the flour. Add water or clarified lamb stock to cover.
- Add the bouquet garni, season with salt and leave to cook over low heat for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Remove the meat from the sauce. Blend the sauce until smooth then return the lamb pieces to the pot. Let simmer slowly for 30 minutes.
- Serve the lamb with diced apples sweated in butter, crushed tomatoes, chopped parsley and Basmati rice, without which the curry would be hopelessly incomplete.
- The mango chutney, chili and achars are served as condiments in small bowls in keeping with tradition.
For tender, juicy meat, reheat the lamb pieces with a sliced banana.