The Chef and his team
La Coupole en vidéo
Chef of La Coupole
Native of Ile de France, Vakhtang Meliava discovered the variety of the with his Spanish and Georgian family origins. Professional pilot of plane in Canada, he turns in his return in France to the gastronomy by passion.
After a BTS at the hotel secondary school of Le Touquet, Vakhtang makes its weapons for Ritz then settles down everything to go toLadurée, Ventilo, Angelina or still in the Big Intercontinental Hotel before taking the head of the kitchens of the Domaine de la Corniche.
Today chief at La Coupole , Vakhtang Meliava is used to realize, every day, from fresh and quality products, dishes in compliance with the French culinary tradition with a modern twist
Recipe from the Chef
Indian Lamb Curry
Served since 1927 at La Coupole.
Indian Lamb Curry
Ingredients for 6 people:
- - 3.5 kg lamb meat from shoulder or leg
- - 10 cl sunflower oil
- - 3 Golden Delicious apples
- - 1 banana, sliced
- - 1 tsp curry powder
- - 1 tsp mild paprika
- - 30 g shredded coconut
- - 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- - 250 g onions, finely chopped
- - ½ tbsp coarse salt
- - 20 g flour
- - 50 cl lamb stock
- - 200 g tomatoes
- - 50 g curly parsley
- - 500 g Basmati rice
- - 50 g butter
- - Bouquet garni
- - Mango chutney, chili and achars
- Cut the lamb in pieces and brown for five minutes with one sliced apple and the banana. Add the onions and garlic.
- After five minutes, add the curry powder, paprika and coconut. Stir and sprinkle with the flour. Add water or clarified lamb stock to cover.
- Add the bouquet garni, season with salt and leave to cook over low heat for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Remove the meat from the sauce. Blend the sauce until smooth then return the lamb pieces to the pot. Let simmer slowly for 30 minutes.
- Serve the lamb with diced apples sweated in butter, crushed tomatoes, chopped parsley and Basmati rice, without which the curry would be hopelessly incomplete.
- The mango chutney, chili and achars are served as condiments in small bowls in keeping with tradition.
For tender, juicy meat, reheat the lamb pieces with a sliced banana.